Makes One Large Jar
60ml Passion Fruit Juice
10ml Lemon Juice
100g Caster Sugar
100g Unsalted Butter
- Bring a large sauce pan of water to a simmer.
- Beat the Eggs and Sugar in a heat proof bowl until foamy.
- Add the Passion Fruit and Lemon Juice and beat again.
- Place the bowl over the sauce pan ensure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Using a space whisk stir constantly until the sauce begins to thicken. If you’re nervous about it curdling the mix remove the bowl form the heat every now and then and continue to stir before replacing it over the heat again.
- Once the curd can coat the back of a spoon it is done – it will continue to cook and ‘set’ once off the heat so always slightly under thicken it.
- Add the the Butter in small cubes and beat until incorporated.
- Allow to cool then pour into sterile jars and refrigerate.