- Your ability to learn, adapt and cope is huge. Don’t underestimate yourself.
- Love is limitless.
- I still want to live in a beautiful adult home even though I love my child and want her to be happy too.
- Having a child with someone you love is the greatest blessing imaginable and it is a lottery in life that you are able to do it. I am grateful everyday my ticket came up.
- Every moment you have with your child could be the last moment they let you wipe their face, fall asleep on you or cry for milk. Each phase however challenging is fleeting and you will miss it and feel nostalgic when it’s over so try to savour it if you can.
- Your child will always love you, but what have you done everyday to deserve that love and live up to it?
- Having friends going through similar things to you is important. Shared experiences help normalise challenges and offer a comfort and support that is precious.
- I love routine and clear boundaries. They keep me and my family sane. However this kind of order comes naturally to me and doesn’t suit everyone.
- Accepting my body after the huge changes pregnancy, birth and motherhood have brought is a challenge for me. I have never experienced so much physical change in such a short period of time. It’s a work in progress but thats ok.
- It takes a village. Be kind to those that want to help, try not to micromanage them. Their help is invaluable to your child, you and world at large.
I’m not sure what happened between getting married, having a child, and Covid, but somewhere in that space I lost the pictures of my bridal shower. Recently going through some old files I managed to find the edited images. All completely ready to post and yet I never shared them. I had the most beautiful bridal shower hosted by The Berkeley and I’m absolutely mortified that it’s taken me years to finally share them and my huge gratitude to the wonderful team that put it together.
Set in the Opus Suite at The Berkeley Hotel in Knightsbridge, I hosted a fashion tea for my most beloved female friends and family. The hotel put on the most beautiful spread, from the stunning flowers, to the personalised napkins for every guest. The Berkeley is famous for it’s fashion tea, where every cake and delicious treat is inspired by a fashion design of that season. We enjoyed that beautiful service alongside champagne and personalised bridal cookies.
Afterwards I spent the night there with my mother, enjoying the beautiful suite and room-service supper. It really is such a gorgeous hotel. I love this hotel group (they also own the Connaught and Claridges – Maybourne Hotel Group). Each hotel has its own identity but every one has the same level of service, quality and attention to detail. You genuinely feel absolutely taken care of, in the most luxurious and sensitive way.
I really can’t recommend this hotel enough, and it’s team, not only for special events that you want to create magical memories from like this, but also for general visits which they will make special and highly memorable to.
My dress was made for me by the stunning designer Melissa Bui.
I wore it alongside flats from Manolo Blahnik (who also made my wedding shoes). I wanted to wear something special but also not too dressed up, these flat were the perfect combination.