1 Block of Puff Pastry
1 Small Butternut Squash
4 Eggs (separated)
50g Plain Flour
100g Roquefort Cheese
Tbsp Breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel and cube the Butternut Squash, then steam until soft.
- Place Butternut Squash in the blender and pulse till smooth.
- Season with Salt, Pepper and Nutmeg, then set aside to cool.
- Roll out Puff Pastry and line a large tart tin.
- Blind bake the Pastry for 25mins.
- Remove from the tart case from the oven and brush with Egg White to seal.
- For the Soufflé top, make a white sauce by melting the Butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add Flour and beat until smooth, continue cooking for 1 min. Remove from the heat and add Milk, again mix till smooth. Return to the heat to thicken. Then set aside to cool slightly. Finally add the Egg yolks and crumbled Cheese.
- Whisk the Egg Whites to soft peaks and fold into the Cheese sauce following a figure of 8 movement.
- Fill half the tart case with Butternut Squash then add the Soufflé mix on the top. Finish by sprinkling with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30mins or until a deep golden brown on the top and with a puffed top with a delicate bounce to the touch.