4 Small Potatoes, Quartered
1 Tbsp Butter
½ Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Clove of Garlic
Salt and Pepper
a Slice of Melting Cheese
1⁄4 Cup of Grated Cheddar Cheese
8 Vine Tomatoes
75g Finely Sliced Ox Tongue, Chopped
Flat Parsley to decorate
One Cup of SugarSnap Peas, Quatered
1 Tbsp Coriander, Chopped
4 Pepperdew Peppers, Chopped
½ Cup of Chopped Pineapple
1 Spring Onion, Finely Sliced
Prepare your Potatoes
- Boil the Potatoes until a knife goes in easily.
- Drain and leave in the pan to steam while you prep the pie dish.
- Preheat the Oven to 210°C.
- Add the Butter to the pie dish and place in the oven until melted and just beginning to brown.
- Chop the Garlic and add it to the Butter in the dish, returning it to the oven while you smash the Potatoes into large pieces with a wooden spoon and add Salt and Pepper and Olive Oil.
- Mix the Garlic Butter with the Potatoes and return to the oven. Bake it for 6mins with the grill on.
Browning the Potatoes
Toss the Potatoes and bake them again for 6min intervals until they have reached golden crisp edges. Normally three times.
Mix the Tongue and Tomatoes in with the Potatoes and then crack the Eggs on top and grate the Cheese on.
Return to the oven (without the grill) for a further 8-10 mins (depending how runny you like your egg – this was baked for 10mins).
For the Salsa
- Now make the Salsa by chopping and combining all the ingredients in a bowl.
- If you like a bit of heat add half a Chilli finely sliced too.
- Serve in a bowl alongside the Hash with fresh Parsley and Coriander leaves sprinkled on top.