150ml Double Cream
5 Egg Yolks
120g Grated Parmesan Cheese
a pinch Nutmeg
Pepper and Salt
250g Streaky Bacon
Classic Spaghetti for 4
- Chop the bacon into lardons and fry over a medium heat until crisp.
- Meanwhile, boil a pan of water and add your pasta.
- In a bowl whisk the Cream, Egg Yolks, and grated Cheese.
- Season with Salt, Pepper and Nutmeg.
- Keeping the pasta in the pan, drain most of the water off, retaining several tablespoons of cooking water with the pasta.
- Place the pasta pan on the hot hob again but turn the heat off. (This will allow a very low heat to continue to warm the pan.)
- Add the egg cheese mix to the hot pasta and using tongs, toss the pasta in the sauce for 5mins. The sauce should coat the pasta, cooking it slowly, (direct heat will cause it to curdle).
- After 5mins, serve with the crisp bacon on top.
I also like to fry my bacon with a clove of finely chopped garlic for a little change.