200g Streaky Bacon chopped
1 Medium Onion finely chopped
3 Sprigs of Oregano
5 Sprigs of Parsley
200g Risotto Rice
50g Dried Mushrooms
1ltr Chicken Stock
150g Button Mushrooms sliced
1 Tbsp Truffle Olive Oil
1 Tsp Truffle Honey
Salt and Pepper
- Over a medium heat fry your Bacon until crisp.
- Set aside and retain the bacon fat. Chop the Bacon into very small crisp pieces, this will look like bacon sprinkles!
- Add the Onions and Herbs to the Bacon Fat and sauté over a low heat with a lid until soft and semi transparent.
- Add the Rice, Dried Mushrooms and an 8th of the stock and stir. Repeat adding the stock until it is absorbed while string just enough to prevent the rice from catching on the bottom of the pan.
- When you have added 3/4 of the Stock take your Fresh Mushrooms and add them, stir to combine. The mushrooms will real ease a lot of water, don’t be surprised, continue cooking the risotto over a medium heat until the water is absorbed. This should take 5-10mins. Taste the risotto and see if it still needs to be further cooked in which case add the next 8th of stock. I know some people like they risotto softer than others so this is really a personal choice.
- Finally stir in your Truffle Oil, Honey and Salt and Pepper. Serve with Bacon on top (and Parmesan flakes if like me, you can’t help yourself!).