⅓ Cup of Yogurt
½ Cup of Chopped Cucumber
a Bunch of Chopped Mint
Salt and Pepper
400g Lamb Mince
½ Red Onion Finely Chopped
1 tsp Cumin
1 tbsp Palestinian Za’atar (you can get this at middle eastern supermarkets, or mix your own)
A good pinch of Pepper and Salt
For the Tzatziki
- Mix all the ingredients to taste.
- If you like a hint go heat add 1/2 tsp of Smoked Paprika too.
- Beat the Egg, season with Salt and Pepper and mix through the Lamb mince.
- Add the Za’atar, Cumin and Onion to the lamb mince and distribute evenly, I use my hands.
- Cut the Feta into half both ways so you end up with squares about 1 cm thick and 2cm square.
- Take a scoop of the mince mix about the size of a golf ball and flatten in your hand, place the feta square in the middle and add another golf ball amount of mince on top, merge the two together with your hands to create a seal and round off. Try and get rid of any air pockets inside by pressing down.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium flame. Add a splash of Olive Oil to the pan and then the burgers. Turn them every minute until you achieve a dark colour on the outside. This should take two flips on each side.