115g Caster Sugar
115g Self Raising Flour
115g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
1 tsp Vanilla Paste
400g Icing Sugar
3 tsp Matcha Powder
1 small Egg White
1 cup of Granulated
For the Cakes
- Preheat the Oven to 180°C.
- First make your crystallised rose petals. Follow my full method here, but the basics are brush the Petals with Egg and then sprinkle them with Sugar and leave them on a wrack to dry.
- The make the cakes… Cream the Butter and Sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the Eggs, and then sift the Flour and fold it into the mix.
- Pour the mix into 12 cupcake (or 6 and a 15cm Cake Tin) cases and bake for 10-15mins or until golden and springy.
For the Topping
- Beat the Milk, Butter, Vanilla and half the Icing Sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Then add the rest of the Icing Sugar and Matcha and beat again until smooth and well blended. (If it’s too stiff mix in a tsp of milk at a time to get the right consistency).
- Using a palette knife, spread the top of the cupcakes with the frosting and and top with the crystallised rose petals.
Extra Top Tip
For even more deliciousness, scoop out the cakes and fill the well with raspberry jam which has been mixed with a tsp of Rose Water and then frost!