Makes a quantity for four people
Half a Red Onion
2 Raw Beetroot
2 tbsp Sour Cream
Tbsp Chopped Chives
1 inch of grated Ginger
1 Clove of grated Garlic
Half a Pomegranate
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
- Slice as finely as possible the Fennel and Red Onion, use a mandolin if you don’t trust your knife skills.
- Peel the beetroots and julienne them (i.e. slice them super thin and then into little strips, again you can use the mandolin for this or a good food processor) and combine with the fennel and onion.
- In a sperate bowl prepare the dressing. Mix the Sour Cream, Chives, Ginger, Garlic, Balsamic, Sesame Oil and Salt and Pepper together and taste.
- Mix half of this throughout the slaw and cover for an hour or so in the fridge to infuse the flavours (you could do this over night for the best results).
- When this time is over, finely chop the apple and mix it throughout with the remaining dressing.
- Finally top with the pomegranate seeds.