200g Packet of Feta
Half a Small Watermelon
Half a Small Red Onion
5 Sprigs of Mint
Lots of Black Pepper
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
For the Salad
- Cut up the Watermelon so that you have chunky cubes with as few seeds as possible.
- Very finely slice the Red Onion, a mandolin is great for this.
- Take 2/3rds of the Mint and ruffly chop it, retain the rest whole.
- Combine the Watermelon, Red Onion and chopped Mint in a serving dish and generously cover in Black Pepper.
- Using your hands crumble the feta over the top and then add the Olive Oil and Balsamic.
- Finally garnish with the remaining mint.
This recipe also works wonderfully as a Canapé.
Simply cut the Watermelon into cubes, the Feta the same size and make little towers, add the Mint and Onion as a little flourish on the top and I add lots of Black Pepper and Honey as a Drizzle.