4 Elderflower heads in full bloom
4.5 Liters Cold Water
1 Lemon (Juice and rind cut into four slices)
2 tbsp White Vinegar
For the Mix
- Dissolve the Sugar in warm Water and then allow to cool.
- Use a large non-reactive container (I use a big clear plastic bucket) and place the Sugar mix, Lemon (juice and rind), Elderflowers, Vinegar and remaining water inside.
- Leave covered in a cool dark place for 4 days to brew.
- Strain the mix and pour it into bottles, either champagne (I got mine from Lakeland) or screw top bottles (these won’t pop open like normal clip top bottles from the brewing gas).
- Leave the bottles in the larder to brew for a minimum of 6 days. After this enjoy them chilled.