Sliced Poached Chicken
Sliced White Bread
Small Bunch of Dill
Packet of Sushi Ginger
Crusty Loaf of Bread
Sharp Bread Knife
These are general proportions depending on how many you make. You can calculate them these general guidelines…
It will take around a tbsp of Kewpie Mayonnaise, a sprig of dill, 2 tbsp of Sushi Ginger and half a chicken breast per sandwich.
Building the Sandwich
- Butter the white bread with salted butter.
- Layer Kewpie Mayonnaise on one side of the sandwich bread and then sprinkle a few pieces of dill on the top.
- On the other piece of bread, cover it with a single layer of pickled ginger and then the sliced chicken with a sprinkle of white pepper.
- Place the sandwich together and light press it down. Cut the crusts off and then cut them into fingers.
Now hollow your loaf
I like to present them in a hollowed out loaf. Make the breadcrumbs with the spare bread and keep them in the freezer for future recipes.
- Cut the top inch off the loaf in one piece.
- Then slice a square into the top of the open loaf leaving an inch boarder around the crust.
- Slice the white middle of the loaf to make it easier to pull out (this is what you will make breadcrumbs out of).
- The sliced fingers should now fit perfectly into the loaf.