Burrata, Pear and Endive Plates
Nibbles • Party Planning • Salads • Savoury • Sides • Starters • Vegetarian
This dish requires a good knife and good ingredients and that is all. Perfect for summer lunches and late al fresco supper parties.
What you'll need
Serves 2 as a Starter
1 Green Williams Pear
1 Burrata (or Buffallo Mozzarella)
1 Endive Bulb
2 Spring Onions (or a large salad onion)
2 Tbsp Good Olive Oil
Fennel leaves for decoration
Slice and Asemble
This recipe requires no cooking at all. It is just a matter of slicing and presentation.
- Open your Burrata and let it come to almost room temperature on the serving plate while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Scatter the Endive leaves, you can either slice them lengthways to create fans exposing the centre or just pull the individual leaves off.
- I like to slice the Pear in half and retain one side, then finely slice the other half and create a pile of thin slices along side a whole half pear on the plate.
- Finely slice your Onion and sprinkle them over the top of everything.
- Drizzle the Olive Oil over the whole plate and finish with a sprig of Fennel leaves and a good amount of black pepper.