4 mashed over-ripe Bananas
200g Plain Flour
150g Caster Sugar
½ tsp Bicarb Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
115g Melted Butter
2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
½ Vanilla Paste
160g Icing Sugar
115g Butter (must be room temperature)
1 tbsp Honey
3 tbsp Cream Cheese
¼ tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Paste
4 tbsp Caramel (I use dulce de leche)
For the Muffin Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the Flour, Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder and Bicarb of Soda to a bowl, make a well and add the Bananas, Butter, Eggs and Vanilla to it.
- Mix very lightly with a spoon, until incorporated and then stop! (you need the light lumpy texture for a good bake).
- Use a ice cream scoop to fill a lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-30 mins.
- Allow to cool while you make the frosting.
For the Frosting
- Beat the Butter, Sugar, Cinnamon, Honey and Vanilla until smooth and fluffy, this should take 5-10 mins.
- Only when the mix is light and fluffy, add the cream cheese and mix only until incorporated.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Drizzle Dulce de Leche over and top with a slice of Banana!