25g Butter (cubed)
3 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
1 Onion (finely chopped)
¼ cup of Pine-nuts and/or Pistachios
⅓ cup of Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
⅓ cup of Flat Leaf Parsley (finely chopped)
1 Orange, Juice and Zest
7 Dried Apricots (chopped)
¼ cup of Goji Berries
¼ cup of Raisins
400ml Stock (Chicken is my choice)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Steam the Couscous
- Slowly soften the Onion and Garlic in a pan with a little olive oil over the lowest hear with the lid on.
- Place your dry Couscous in a roasting tin and pour over the oil, with you hands rub the oil all over the Couscous to make sure it is evenly coated.
- Pour over the stock and cover with tin foil tightly to simulate a lid.
- Place in the oven and bake at 150ºC for 15-20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and open the foil, fluffy up the Couscous with a fork and then fork through the butter cubes.
- Zest and juice the Orange and combine in a bowl with the other dried berries and fruits.
- If using Pistachios, coarsely chop. OR if using Pine-nuts light toast in a dry pan.
- Combine the dried fruit mix with the Pomegranate, Nuts and chopped Herbs to make the jewelled mix.
- Mix the Couscous with the jewelled mix season and serve!