Makes enough for a topping of four servings of your chosen dish
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
1 tbsp Caster Sugar
1 tsp of Za’atar
½ tsp Cumin
1tsp Olive Oil
Sweet and Spicy
- Heat the Oil over a medium flame, with the Cumin and Za’atar in a pan.
- When you can smell the Spices warming add the Sugar and stir.
- Once the Sugar begins to dissolve add the Seeds and stir.
- Leave tossing them over the heat every few minutes. Once the Seeds have caramelised turn them out into a bowl ready to serve or keep.
- If you want to keep the Seeds for future dishes just pop them in a tupperware box.