150g Caster Sugar
½ Tbsp Milk
½ Tbsp Treacle
75g Cocoa Powder
75g Self Raising Flour
100g White Chocolate
Popping Candy covered in Chocolate
Make the Cakes
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Warm your mixing bowl before you start.
- Cream the Butter and Sugar, then stir in the Eggs, Milk and Treacle.
- Sift the Flour and Cocoa powder and fold it in.
- Pour into your greased cake tin (I just light brush mine with sunflower oil or melted butter).
- Bake for 25-30mins until risen but moist still.
- Cool on a rack.
- Meanwhile melt your White Chocolate in a bowl. I use the microwave to do this, I have a rule that never lets me down. Only microwave at 30 sec intervals, always open the microwave and stir even if nothing looks like it is happening, I promise you won’t burn it with this method, you shouldn’t need more that four 30second blasts.
- Take each cake and dip it into the melted chocolate allowing to cool on the rack again afterwards.
When you have dipped all the cakes, take your popping candy and sprinkle over the top, then use the remaining white chocolate to drizzle over the top, this both holds the popping candy on and adds a pretty effect.