Use a 25cm skillet
1 small Onion
3 large cloves of Garlic (chopped)
2 Tbsp finely chopped Herbs (Sage, Rosemary, Thyme and Oregano)
¼ cup Caster Sugar
¼ cup Brown Sugar
10 whole cloves of Garlic
4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
225g Cherry Tomatoes
250g Puff Pastry
- Preheat your oven to 250°C.
- Cut all the Tomatoes in half and then remove all the seeds. (If you think your Tomatoes are very watery at this point bake them for 30 mins to remove as much water as possible, if you can get hold of really small Cherry Tomatoes they can remain whole.)
- Finely chop your Onion, Herbs and 3 Garlic Cloves. Place them in the skillet with the Butter and sauté on the lowest heat possible. It should take about 15 mins.
- Remove and set aside.
- Peel the remaining Garlic and place in a bowl of boiling water.
- In the same pan add the second amount of Butter and the Sugars, over a medium heat and allow to bubble.
- Add the whole Garlic cloves, then the Tomatoes skin down, sprinkle with the Onion mix and grate cheese over the top.
- Roll out your Puff Pastry and top the skillet with it. Tuck all the edges all underneath and cut a small slit in the middle.
- Turn the oven down to 200°C as you put the tart in.
- Bake for 30mins (or until the Puff is a dark golden brown).