300 ml Double Cream
1 tbsp Cream Cheese
2 tbsp Peanut Butter
225g Butter (room temperature)
225g Granulated Sugar
175g Dark Chocolate
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
50g Light Brown Sugar
100g Dark Chocolate
4 tbsp Peanut Butter
75g Chopped Peanuts
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Blitz the Pretzels until they are chunky crumbs.
- Melt the Butter in the microwave and pour it over the crumbs with the Sugar and blitz until the mix resembles wet gravel.
- Pour the mix into your deep pie dish (10″ tin with a 2″ rise) and press down with a wooden spoon. Then refrigerate.
- Melt the Chocolate in the microwave by heating it on medium for 20 second blasts string every time in-between. 3 times should be enough.
- Pour the chocolate across the cooled crust and spread with a spatular or silicon brush.
- Return to the fridge to set. When firm, take the Peanut Butter and cover the base of the crust with it.
Add Chocolate Filling
- Cream the Butter and Sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Melt the Chocolate (I use a microwave to do this, at 30sec intervals stirring in-between).
- Add the melted Chocolate and Vanilla to the butter cream and mix well.
- Add one Egg at a time to the mix, making sure to blend very throughly on medium/fast before adding the next. I allow 5 mins per egg. Time this to be sure.
- Pour into the refrigerated crust and cling film (try not to let the cling film touch the top, I did a little here and you can see it takes away the gloss top when you pull it off, which doesn’t matter if you want to cover the top in cream but if you want to allow some to show it won’t be as pretty).
- Refridgerate for at least 4 hours.
For the Peanut Cream
- Using an electric mixer, blend the Cream Cheese and Peanut Butter till smooth.
- Add the Cream little by little beating in-between until totally incorporated.
Use the Peanut Cream, chopped Peanuts and Cocoa to decorate the top in anyway you like. The Cream is strong enough to hold shapes if you want to pipe it, but I like this more relaxed look best.