I always turn to the same products when I want to create the perfect makeup base and set the finished look for a big event. Whether it’s your wedding day or just going to the races, this is how to apply flawless makeup that will last. This is the method and products I use to keep my makeup flawless all day and night.
- First I will always wash my face with Eve Lom Cleanser (like my Bedtime routine) and apply Skinceuticals Redness Neutralizer.
- After this has absorbed I use a Primer all over my face apart from my eyes. For my eyes I apply a separate Eye Shadow Base. Then I use a Lash Curler.
- Then I apply my foundation followed by my concealer and then a Prep Highlighter primer. I will always set this with two kinds of powders. One specially for the under eye area and one for the rest of my face. I use Brightening Powder for Under-eyes which I press on with a damp medium sized Beauty Blender and then Loose Finishing Powder or Pressed Finishing Powder for the rest of my face with a large powder brush.
- After I have finished my eye makeup – the last step is lashes. I love Individual Lashes but these Strip Lashes are very natural too. There are lots of Lash Glues, one of the best ones is Duo. Obviously the last thing you want to do is damage your lashes, so using a Lash Glue Remover really helps safety remove them.
- Finally and possibly my most important step is MAC Fix+. I cant live without this Setting Spray. It really keeps everything looking flawless all day. I give myself a really generous spritz and keep my eyes shut until it feels dry.
I have tried and tested this combination for shoots, events and all weather conditions. It really is the best combination for my skin type (dry to normal). If you have oily skin definitely try and use matt primers and really press the powder into you skin, it can also be helpful to carry oil absorbing tissues during the day. On the other hand, if you have very dry skin use as little powder as possible.