500g Turkey Mince
150g tin of Sweetcorn (drained)
1 Egg (beaten lightly)
40g Spring Onions (finely sliced)
3 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
1 tsp Cumin
Salt and Pepper
1 Clove Garlic (grated)
100g Greek Yoghurt
100g Soy Yoghurt
1 Tbsp Zatar
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Garlic infused Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
For the Burgers
- Take the Turkey Mince and Egg and combine in a bowl with your hands.
- Then add the Sweetcorn, Spring Onions, Coriander, Garlic, Cumin and finally the Salt and Pepper.
- Mix well, again with your hands. The mix should be so full of sweetcorn and herbs that it only just stays together.
- Using your hands shape the meat into 9 torpedo shaped burgers and press them slight flat and then set them aside in a baking tray ready to fry.
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
- Take a non-stick pan over a medium heat and add butter and olive oil (tbsp each). Fry around 4 burgers at a time, until the colour of the outside is a lovely rich golden colour. This should take 5 mins on each side.
- Return all the fried burgers to the baking tray and place in the oven for 20mins while you make your Yoghurt and salad.
For the Zatar Yogurt
- Blend the Yoghurts together with a spoon until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and spices and mix well.
- Season further to taste.
- Finally pour on the Olive Oil and stir very lightly.
- Serve alongside the burgers, straight away with your choice of salad and bread.
I recommend eating these with a tomato salad like my Tomato, Chilli and Pepper Salad and Green Salad with only Lemon and Olive Oil as a dressing and plenty of chopped herbs atop. For Bread try seeded loaves that include pumpkin seeds.