- Chop the Beetroots in to eights and the Apples in quarters leaving the skin on. Chop the Carrots into similar size pieces for an equal cook time.
- Add them to a large baking tray and toss them in Olive Oil and Wine. Then give them a good sprinkle of Salt and Pepper.
- Bake at 180°C for 35-40mins. Turning them occasionally.
- Add the vegetables to a blender along with the Chicken Stock. Blend until totally smooth.
- Take your Grissini and wrap them with a slice of Smoked Salmon. Rest on the top of the bowl of soup and sprinkle with the finely chopped Red Onion and Dill.
So I have visited The Berkeley for this special tea numerous times of the years. It’s my favourite place to have tea in London. I always recommend it to friends visiting the city. Even if you don’t like fashion, the food itself is just spectacular.
Recently The Berkeley invited me and a friend to come and have their tea again, but also to try their new masterclass! The concept being that you arrive an hour or so before your tea booking and go to the kitchens to make some of the signature dishes with the Head Pastry Chef, Mourad Khiat. Afterwards you get to enjoy their perfectly prepared tea and take your own perfectly iced cookies home with you (or in my case seriously home-ec excuses for baked goods!). The best part of the class being laughing at each others lame attempts to follow Mourad’s endlessly kind instructions while eating moulding chocolate. The perfect way to spend an afternoon. I think it would be a great Hen activity, mother’s day or birthday treat.
This year is a particular special year to experience the tea because it’s the 10th anniversary, so their menu includes the best dishes of the past 10 years. You can make a booking for this wonderful tea here!
Somehow I didn’t want to it to be ‘all about me’ at the engagement party but I still wanted to wear something special. As ever Razan and her wonderful team came to my aid. They made me this beautiful dress just for the evening. Inspired by the time of year and the event, the dress is embroidered with mistletoe. I love this nod to Christmas and kisses. We chose the fabric and cut together, and then Razan worked on the embroidery for a couple of weeks. Finally we came to this beautiful conclusion. I just loved wearing it and now I have this beautiful dress as a memento to the evening. I wanted to share this beautiful and very special outfit with you, and thank Razan for making it possible.