Craig Arend for New York Magazine’s The Cut
Grazia IT by Nam
Frances (Happy Because), Leandra (Man Repeller) and Me on The Nordstrom Blog
Waiting for a cab outside the Mulberry Party.
Photo by Frances Davison
The NYC Streets
Street FSN by Nam
Photo by Frances Davison
Guerre for Marie Claire USA
I really enjoyed my trip to NYC for Fashion Week this season. The weather was fabulous, I had my trusty partner in crime Frances Davison with me, and the shows were great.
My favourite shows were definitely…
- Cynthia Rowely (would have worn every single piece that went down the catwalk, so rare for me)
- Tibi (happy happy happy)
- Tory Burch (best location and general show)
- Diesel Gold (mega models and metallics make me happy)
- Nanette Lepore (colourful fun and live music)
I will do illustrations and catwalk notes as soon as I can, so you can see what I mean.
The atmosphere at NYFW is so different to LFW. I think the great weather helps, but also the people are very different, I love the dressed up vibe in NYC (London is so much more casual cool), I think because I love fancy pants outfits, any excuse to make the most of my wardrobe. It made for a wonderful change, although I cant say I wasn’t excited to see my wonderful bed in London.
NYFW this season fell over the 10th anniversary of 9/11. The city was so respectful. The safety measures did everyone involved credit, and I felt there was a general feeling of survival, community and healing. Frances even wore an USA flag dress for the day!
I also attended the Mulberry 40th Anniversary Party while in NYC, which was so much fun, Kasabian played a full set, everything was decorated with Mulberry Bag Balloons and I got a balloon peony bracelet made for me to take home… now what more could a girl ask for?!
People always ask what places are on your hit list when you visit different cities, so incase you were interested here are my must sees for NYC…
- Pat Fields Shop on Bowery
- Bubby’s Dinner Tribeca (great ethos and the best fried chicken ever!)
- Manolo Blahnik (by the MoMa, nicest sales peeps ever! Plus they stock differently to London)
- Sushi Samba for the Neon Tokyo Roll (don’t hate me ok?!)
- Bergdorf Goodmans (obvi)
- Stubbs and Wootton
- Tasti D Lite (butterscotch withe rainbow sprinkles please)
- Fred’s at Barneys (Chopped Chicken Salad rocks)
- Bond No. 9 (well might as well have sniff around – please note the pun)
- The Greenwich Hotel and its Locanda Verde yumminess
- The Zoo, MoMa, The Met, and The Frick Collection (I didn’t make it to any of them this trip – booo)
- Century 21 (I am always in the mood for a bargain)
I want to thank all the lovely people that made my trip extra special!
Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!
I hope I will be back soon, to make the most of NYC not just run in and out of shows.
I didn’t want to bore you all with a load of street style here by check the Press page for more details if you are interested in my other outfits.