500g Dried Macaroni Pasta
4 tbsp Butter
3.5 cup Milk
1 cup Water
Half Onion (finely chopped)
3 cups Brioche Breadcrumbs
Cup of Truffle Cream Cheese
Half Truffle (chopped and grated)
2 cups Chedder
1 cup Hard Truffle Cheese
For the yummy
- Boil pasta till it’s al dente.
- Sauté onion in truffle oil, very slowly so it doesn’t brown at all but melts down. I find placing a lid on helps this process.
- Melt the butter and mic in the flour, cook over a medium heat for 4mins.
- Add milk, truffle paste (or fresh truffle) and onion and simmer 10mins.
- If over thickened add more water (you want a proper sauce and the pasta will absorb some moisture, so you want it slightly wetter than you imagine).
- Take off heat, add all cheese and mix until melted, season.
- Melt tbsp butter mix brioche crumbs and lightly fry, sprinkle truffle oil over the top.
- Place pasta in dish, coat with truffle oil and combine with cheese sauce.
- Then cover with a layer of the fried breadcrumbs and top off with a little extra cheese.
- Bake at 200ºC for 30mins.
- Serve with a fresh citrus salad to balance.