Roast Rib of Beef
Roast Chicken on a bed of Roasted Red Shallots and Chives
Dressed Crab and Lobster, served on a platter with Prawns, Fresh Mayonnaise and Lemon, decorated with fresh Seaweed
Betroot Lentil and Blue Cheese Salad with Micro Herbs
French Beans in a Mustard Dressing with Toasted Pine Nuts
Bulgar Wheat layered with Aubergine, Sweet Roasted Tomatoes, Caramelised Onions and Curd Cheese.
Summer Party Tips
Hosting in the summer is really the easist time of year to create something special. The weather means that you can get everyone outside in a more relaxed environment, which is reflected in the way you plan your menu and dress your table too.
Here are my top tips for a lovely casual lunch party…
- Don’t use a table cloth and if you do make it an off white like hessian.
- Instead of name cards have a table plan or draw little illustrations as a code. We have used both here. If you’re on a cloth why not pin them on for a casual undone feel.
- Keep the table decoration simple and bold. Work to a clear theme. For example just squashes, artichokes (as we have used here), one kind of flower or sticks in vases. This keeps a clean look which will be more relaxed but still chic.
- Instead of a starter why not have lots of side dishes. I served dry little nibbles before as well; flatbreads, crisps or savoury biscuits are perfect.
- Serve yourseleves. Don’t worry about plating the food, create a delicious serving table where everyone can take their plates and load up. It’s a great way to create conversation too, if people don’t know each other well. Just make sure to offer the bowls around the table half way through for people to have seconds.