One Large Loaf
Large Bulb of Garlic
Generous Handful of Rosmary
Garlic Olive Oil to Glaze
500g Wrights Premium Bread Mix
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In the bread tin (that you will bake your bread in) place the whole unpeeled Garlic bulb along with a generous drizzle of Olive Oil. Bake while you prep your dough.
- Meanwhile make the Bread Dough according to the bread dough instructions. I use a Kenwood mixer with a dough hook for the first knead, allow it to rest for 15mins and then hand knead to get to this stage.
- By hand stretch the dough into a flat rectangle the width of the bread tin.
- Remove the Garlic from the oven, cut off at the root end to expose all the cloves inside. Squeeze them out, they should be all soft and buttery. Place all the cloves of Garlic in rows about an inch apart on top the dough.
- Turn the oven up to 220°C.
- Roll the dough up like a swiss roll.
- Now brush the Oil left in the bread tin from the garlic up and around the tin to grease it. Then place the dough inside with the end on the bottom.
- Place a damp cloth over the tin and leave in a warm place for about 30-40mins.
- The dough will then have risen. Cut the sprigs off the top of the Rosemary, and poke them into the top of the loaf in a pattern (or randomly as I did). Then sprinkle the Smoked Salt over the top helping it to settle around the rosemary.
- Bake the bread for 30-40mins or until a rich golden colour and hollow sounding to the tap.
- Remove the bread from the oven and brush with Garlic Olive Oil, then allow it to cool.
Serve in thick slices with butter or toasted with more Garlic Olive Oil.