250g Packet of Halloumi
1 tsp Butter
4 Tbsp Mayonase
Salt and Pepper
2 Preserved Lemons
1 Spring Onion
Two Pitta Breads
Handful of Lettuce Leaves (or a quarter of a heart)
8 Sundried Tomatoes
8 Cherry Tomatoes
- Heat a pan over a medium flame with a little butter.
- Slice the Halloumi and fry it on either side until golden brown. This takes about 5 minutes each side.
Dress and Assemble
- Slice the Spring Onion and add it to bowl along with Salt, Pepper, Mayonnaise and chopped Preserved Lemon.
- Put the Pitta in the toaster for one or two minutes.
- Slice some Lettuce, Tomatoes and Sun-dried Tomatoes.
- Slice the Pitta open; either down the side or by cutting the top off to leave a pocket to fill.
- Spread the Mayo mix either side and then layer the Halloumi, Lettuce and Tomatoes until full to bursting!
Enjoy straight away with a fresh mint lemonade!