½ 320g Packet of Puff Pastry
2 tbsp Fig and Violet Jam (just fig is fine too)
25g Salted Butter
6 Figs, sliced to a ½ cm
1 tbsp Ground Almonds
1 tbsp Crystallised Violets
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Roll out the puff pastry to a 1/2 cm thickness, place on a non stick baking tray.
- Spread the jam evenly across the pastry leaving a centimetre boarder around the edge.
- Layer the sliced figs across the jam in a pretty pattern then sprinkle with ground almonds.
- Cube the butter and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 20-25mins until the pastry is puffed and golden and the figs look like they are beginning to caramelise.
- Remove from the baking tray and sprinkle with crystallised violets.