1 Fennel Bulb
5 Spring Onions
¼ large Cucumber
80g Shelled Peas
Handful of Sugarsnap Peas
1 tsp Chopped Mint
1 tsp Chopped Coriander
1 Lemon’s Zest
½ Lemon’s Juice
2 Tbsp Basil infused Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
Chop and Dress
- Using a large sharp knife, slice the whole Fennel bulb as thinly as possible, including the leaves.
- Finely slice the Spring Onions (including all the green) and combine in a bowl with the Fennel.
- Roughly grate the Cucumber into the bowl.
- Roughly chop the Sugarsnap Peas and add them along with the shelled Peas.
- Finely chop the Mint and Coriander then add.
- Cut your Pear in quarters and remove the core and then slice finely and add.
- Grate the zest into the bowl and combine well.
- In a separate bowl mix the Lemon Juice, Basil Oil, Sesame Oil, Salt and Pepper. Taste and alter according to your preferences (you can add 1/2 tsp finely chopped Chilli
or Sweet Chilli Sauceand/or 1 tsp Palm Sugar now for a variation).
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
All slaws taste much better if they have a few hours to marinate. I will make this dish at lunchtime for a supper, and then cover and return it to the fridge to infuse for 6 hours before serving. I love to serve it with Crispy Tofu or Seafood. I finish with some fresh Fennel leaves if I can find them (or Dill if not).