Two punnets Raspberries
½ pint Elderflower Syrup
½ pint Boiling Water
1 pint Fizzy Water
2 packets Gelatine
Pink Food Colouring
To make the Jelly
- Take a terrine tin and line it with cling film (this is only necessary if the tin has loose edges which the liquid can escape through).
- Mix half the Elderflower Syrup and half the hot water with one packet of Gelatine and let melt in, whisking every now and again to ensure it dissolves completely.
- Fill the terrine with a third of the Fruit.
- Pour half the Fizzy Water into the Gelatine syrup mix and then the whole thing over the fruit in the terrine tin.
- Allow at least 4 hours in the fridge for the gelatine to set. (Normally I do this in the evening and let it set over night.)
- Place existing layer in the freezer for about 10mins before you pour the next layer on the top to stop it from melting from the heat.
- Mix the remaining half of Syrup and hot water with Gelatine as before, when it has dissolved add the fizzy water and Food Colouring to make a deep pink.
- Add another third of the Fruit to the terrine tin and then pour the second half of the Gelatine mix over the top.
- Return to the fridge and refrigerate for 4 hours to set.
Get it out
- Once the terrine is set, remove it from the fridge and place the jelly on a serving plate. If you cling filmed the tin just place the plate over the top and flip the tin over with the plate (like a lid), remove the tin and then carefully peel the cling film off the jelly.
- If you didn’t use cling film, boil some water and pour it into a bowl, dip the terrine tin into this for 5 second intervals until you can see the jelly coming away from the side a tiny bit. Then take the serving plate and place it over the top, flip it all over (you might need to give it a good shake and tap) you will hear the jelly pop out onto the plate, then you can remove the tin. This bit can be a bit nerve racking if you haven’t done it before but be firm and brave. It will be fine.
- Once the Jelly is on the serving plate decorate it with the remaining third of Fruit and some Mint sprigs.
- To serve slice the terrine into pieces and pour on some Creme Anglaise, Cream or Ice-cream.