Serves 4-5 as a starter or makes approximately 15 as a canapé
Two Large Avocados
1 Lime (zest and ½ juice)
100g Cream Cheese
Salt and Pepper
2tsp Gelatine Powder
1 Egg White (optional)
For the Mousse
- Scoop the flesh out of the Avocados and add to a blender (or food processor) with the Lime zest and juice and puree until very smooth.
- Then add the Cream Cheese and seasoning and blend again until totally incorporated.
- Put two tbsp of water in a heatproof bowl and sprinkle the Gelatine over the top. Allow to stand for 2 mins until it goes spongie. Then place the bowl over water in a pan (creating a bain-marie) and whisk until completely dissolved.
- Allow to cool and then add to the avocado mixture and combine throughly.
- If using Egg Whites, whisk to soft peak stage and then carefully fold (in a figure of eight motion) into the avocado mix, be careful not to knock the air out (to prevent this I always suggest adding a tbsp of the egg to the mix first to loosen it before adding all the eggs).